Barnes Immersed Drum Fabric Media Filtration Systems provide simple, efficient and reliable high quality coolant filtration for honing machines, grinders, milling and broaching machines. This filter was designed for easy maintenance, long life and economical operation. The Immersed Drum Filter is available in five different sizes to accommodate flow rates from 65 to 500 gpm.
- Removes both Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Material
- Removes Particles Down to 10 Microns
- Fabric Indexes Automatically
- Heavy Contaminant is Removed By Drag Flights
- For Use On Large Grinders or as Central Systems for Multiple Grinders or Hones
- May Be Used with Refrigeration
- Water Soluble or Oil Coolant
Immersed Drum Filters
Simple Design: Reliable Operation for Coolant Filtration
Coolant filtration is accomplished through the natural force of gravity. Contaminated coolant flows into the primary settling tank where the heavier particles settle to the bottom. Contaminated coolant is forced through the drum-shaped configuration of filter fabric, trapping the lighter particles. The natural pressure created as a result of the immersion of the filter “drum” forces the contaminated coolant through the filter fabric. Efficient use of the filter fabric is assured by advancing the fabric only after the coolant flow is blocked and then, only enough to restore the flow rate.