The automatic belt type pressure filter has been employed in metal working industries for many years. Our pressure filter has been designed to improve the effectiveness of pressure filters and other types of filters using disposable media. Our filter has the advantage of being able to operate with either permanent filter media belts, or disposable media.
Advantages of Pressure Filters
- Positive sealing of media prevents by-passing of dirty coolant and solids
- High flowrate per unit area
- High differential pressure for longer filter cycles, lower media consumption and media cost
- Permanent & disposable filter media
- Dry filter cake discharge is less costly to dispose of
- Longer coolant life
- Longer tool life
- Improvement of product quality
Pressure Filter Applications
Uses for Waterbased Coolants and Mineral Oil in Metal Working Industries:
- Grinding – Steel, Aluminum, Cast (Nodular) Iron, Ceramics.
- Machining – Aluminum, Cast (Nodular) Iron, Steel, Brass.
- Rolling – Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloys.
- Continuous Casting – Parts Washers and High Pressure Deburring
Figure A & B – Typical installations for Aluminum Machining
Fig. A shows a system with three pressure filters | flowrate is 6000 GPM.
Fig. B shows a system with one pressure filters | flowrate is 1800 GPM.